The FPL Teen Advisory Board is committed to aiding in the creation and maintenance of a friendly, safe, and fun environment for all young adults through input in regard to purchasing new materials and planning programs.
The FPL Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is a committee made up of five (5) teens who want to have an active say in library services, materials, and programs specifically suited for young adults. TAB members will be selected by designated library staff based on application submissions. Upon acceptance, TAB members will assist in the recommendation and purchase of items for the teen area, and they will also help brainstorm ideas for programs and events that will engage and entertain the local teen community, such as movie nights, pizza parties, “fandom” nights, and more.
TAB members will work with library staff to directly influence:
- •What materials are put into the teen collection
- •The creation and organization of young adult events and programs
- •The assessment of library services offered or needed by teens in our area
The Teen Advisory Board is a fun way to help the library, develop new life skills, receive volunteer service hours, and meet new friends. It also looks great on resumes and college applications.
Requirements for membership:
- •Must be high school students in 10th, 11th, or 12thgrade; no particular school affiliation is required, and home school students are welcome. The maximum age for a member is 19.
- •Must have parental permission to join.
- •Must have a library card with the Washington County Library System in good standing.
- •Must be willing to attend and participate in monthly advisory board meetings(whether in-person or via Zoom)
- •Must be willing to abide by the FPL Teen Advisory Board Guidelines
*Library staff are available to offer guidance and assistance at all times.
If this sounds like you, then download the application below, fill it out, and email the completed form to email@example.com or simply drop it by the library.
===> Yearly deadline for applications is October 1 <====