The Washington County Libraries are currently closed to the public. However, during this challenging time library staff will continue to work remotely to provide our patrons with digital services, information, and resources. Please feel free to contact us at one of the methods below; we are available Monday – Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Please allow 24 hours for a response if e-mailing.
Phone: (479) 267-2674
All book drops are closed until further notice. Please keep checked-out items until we re-open. All late fees will be waived, regardless of where the items are due back.
All patron accounts that were close to their renewal dates have been extended by six months. This will ensure online and digital services will remain available for use.
If you have fines that are preventing you from using of online or digital services, please contact us using one of the methods above.
The library WiFi hotspot is not available at this time, due to the closure of the parking lot. We will post an update on our social media pages once the parking lot is reopen. If you have an immediate need for WiFi, several of the fast food locations in the area offer a signal that can be picked up in their parking lots.
In addition to staying home, the CDC recommends the following practices to decrease the spread of the virus:
• Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
• Avoid close contact with people (keep at least six feet apart)
• Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces frequently
• Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
• The Farmington Public School system is offering for meals for students and will deliver them if needed. Click below for more information.
• Several food pantries in the area are available for families needing help. Click here for a list. https://www.foodpantries.org/ci/ar-farmington
• For resources pertaining to the financial strain the virus is causing, visit the state Benefits website here.
https://www.ezarc.adws.arkansas.gov/ (Or call 1-855-225-4440 or 501-682-2121)
Taxes and Tax Filing
The deadline for filing taxes has been extended to Wednesday, July 15, 2020. If you have questions about your taxes, please use one of the links below to contact the appropriate state or federal agency.
Arkansas Dept of Finance and Administration
Internal Revenue Service
COVID-19 Information & Resources
World Health Organization
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Federal Coronavirus Website
Arkansas Department of Health Services
The Farmington Public Library offers a variety of digital resources for your enjoyment, including:
• OverDrive offers thousands of downloadable eBooks and audiobooks, available to anyone with a Washington County Library System card*
o Are you new to OverDrive? Check out the OverDrive Help Page to get started
*In addition to your Washington County Library card, you’ll also need your 4-digit pin number to access digital resources. Your pin number is often the last four digits of your telephone number, unless you selected a custom pin. If you have forgotten your pin, please contact us.